2. Elaboration Question 3
QUESTION 3 Dimensioning of rectangular grit removal channels
Dimension the grit removal unit for a WWTP receiving a dry weather flow (dwf) of 24,000 m3/day (Assume that flow doubles during rain). Calculate with:
- a maximum allowable horizontal flow velocity of 0.2 m/s, which is well below the maximum value of 0.3 m/s.
- a settling velocity for the smallest grit particle to be removed of 0.012 m/s.
- a theoratical depth of 0.7 m.
- a freeboard of 0.3 m.
- a grit accumulation zone depth of 0.25 m.
- an additional length of 25% for inlet and outlet zones.
- How many channels would you design?
- Calculate L, W, H of each channel.
Elaboration Question 3
Urban Sewage Treatment by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/urban-sewage-treatment/.