3.2.1 From Technology Push to Market Pull
So how do we make electric vehicles a mass market product instead of a niche? Should we be retrofitting old vehicles or are there other ways to reach economies of scale? Is this market best accessed by incumbent automakers or should new entrants do the job? Watch this lecture by Frank Rieck to find out.
- List the reasons why retrofitting is not a viable option for mass production
- Understand how new entrants to the market can have a significant impact
- Describe why incumbent automakers are waiting to mass market EVs
- Get a grasp on different segments that might switch to electric earlier than passenger cars
- Understand how the added value of OEMs can be increased with electric vehicles
Electric Cars: Business by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/electric-cars-business/.