3.2.2 Design for repair – companies
In this video Max Prumbohm will give detailed answers to the question “Why should a company think about Design for repair?” and summarizes the main design guidelines how to realize this design strategy.
There are three main ways a company can profit from their Design for Repair:
- Providing a repair service to the customers
- Sale of spare parts
- Provide market distinctions by the products being easy to repair by the customers
How to design a product for repair?
- Easy access: less tools, no glue, ideally without any tools
- Simple, modular structure of the product
- No critical security conditions should appear during the maintenance
Engineering Design for Circular Economy by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/engineering-design-circular-economy/.