3.2.5 Design for repair – customers
Module 3: Repair
In this video Max will take a detailed look at how companies can profit from customers who repair themselves. He also points out where barriers still exist, and how the design of products could be done to make it easier to repair.
- A growing number of people wants to use the item or machine as long as possible, Do-it-yourself is modern.
- Upgrading is an important and interesting aspect to achieve this
- Professional services are often expensive and more B2B-driven
- Using the DIY-culture to place products in the market
- How to design a product for repair?
- Easy access: less tools, no glue, ideally without any tools
- Simple, modular structure of the product
- No critical security conditions should appear during the maintenance
Engineering Design for Circular Economy by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/engineering-design-circular-economy/.