4.2.1 Smart Charging
Electric vehicles are standing still most of the time. Smart charging is a way to make optimal use of the batteries that are available for services in the electricity grid. In this lecture by Roland Steinmetz you will find out what smart charging means, which stakeholders are involved and where the money can be made in the EV charging value chain.
- List the definition of smart charging
- Understand that smart charging is not just a single concept
- Describe the five different types of smart charging
- Get a grasp of the barriers to smart charging
- Understand the value chain of EV charging
Electric Cars: Business by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/electric-cars-business/.