This lecture will discuss Path Dependency. Students should:
- Be able to give a definition of path dependency
- Understand path dependency as a notion of memory (internal to agent)
- Understand path dependency as a notion of history (external to agent, as an emergent system property)
- Understand state-space as a depiction of systems history
- Understand how multiple types of agents can interact
- Get familiar with breeds of agents
- See context dependency and horizontal system nestedness in action
- The Wold Sheep Predation model can be used in NetLogo
Below is a link to the lecture slides.
Agent Based Modeling of Complex Adaptive Systems (Basic) by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/agent-based-modeling-of-complex-adaptive-systems-basic/.