This lecture will discuss System Nestedness. Students should:
- Understand the difference between vertical and horizontal nestedness
- Vertical nestedness : the continuum of emergence from quantum physics to ecosystem and how ties ties in with observer dependency.
- Horizontal nestedness: Systems can be part of other systems, and/or overlap with other systems at a single level of vertical nestedness.
- Understand that a system can be a context for another system.
- Be able to identify horizontal and vertical system nestedness and in real world examples.
- This is the first wiki lecture of the many that will come. Jump right in.
ToDo: The Ants Model in netlogo can be used for experimentation.
Agent Based Modeling of Complex Adaptive Systems (Basic) by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/agent-based-modeling-of-complex-adaptive-systems-basic/.