0.1.4 Learning goals of Efficient HVAC Systems
At the beginning of each course it is always important to manage expectations and give a clear overview of what you are going to learn.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the different steps HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) engineers need to follow to develop a proper design while collaborating with the architect.
- Make choices and calculations on how to process air in an air handling unit, and how to distribute it to ensure thermal comfort.
- Make choices and calculations on how to distribute heat and cold with air systems, water systems and mixed systems.
- Decide which supply and distribution temperature levels to choose, taking into account efficiency and thermal comfort.
- Make a preliminary design of complex combinations of (renewable) energy equipment.
- Describe how to make these systems manageable and controllable.
Multidisciplinary Research Methods for Engineers by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/multidisciplinary-research-methods-for-engineers//