1.0.1 Welcome to Heating and cooling in buildings
Welcome to the first module of the course “Designing climate neutral buildings and transport”!
The content of this module is split into five sections:
- Developments in energy consumption for heat
- Energy balance of buildings
- Options to reduce energy consumption for heat
- Low-carbon options to reducing heating and cooling in buildings
- Low carbon integrated options
The first module addresses a variety of topics on buildings. After completion of week 1 you will:
- Understand general trends in energy use and CO2 emissions in buildings
- Understand how heating and cooling in buildings is related to CO2 emissions
- Understand the relevance of cooking, appliances and lighting with respect to CO2 emissions in buildings
- Be able to outline measures to reduce CO2 emissions in buildings and calculate their impact
- Be able to construct heat balances in for different climates
- Learn about integrated sustainable building concepts
We hope that you will enjoy this module and wish you good luck!
The course team – Mirjam Harmelink MSc and Dr. Natalia Barbour, Moderator: Khamid Mukhamedov BSc
Designing Climate-Neutral Buildings and Transport by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/designing-climate-neutral-buildings-and-transport/ /