2.5.2 Want to know more about the topics discussed in module 2 of Building Inclusive Cities?
In this section you can find additional material for this module. There are suggestions for reading material, videos and websites that you can use in order to explore the subject and deepen your knowledge.
- Understanding the Vicious Circles of Segregation – Prof. Tiit Tammaru (43:26)
- Main research findings on socio-economic segregation – Prof. Tiit Tammaru (4:02)
- Massey, D. & Denton, N. (1988). The dimensions of residential segregation. Social Forces, 67(2), 281-315. DOI:10.2307/2579183
- Petrovič A., van Ham M., & Manley D. (2018). Multiscale measures of population: Within-and between-city variation in exposure to the sociospatial context. Annals of the American Association of Geographers, 108(4), 1057-1074. DOI 10.1080/24694452.2017.1411245
- van Ham M., Tammaru T., & Janssen H. J. (2018). A multi-level model of vicious circles of socio-economic segregation. Divided cities: understanding intra-urban disparities. OECD, Paris.
- Fainstein S. (2010) The Just City. Cornell University Press, Ithaca.
- Talen E. (2008) Design for Diversity. Architectural Press, Oxford.
- Tonkiss F. (2013) Cities by design: The social life of urban form. Polity Books, London.
Building Inclusive Cities: Tackling Urban Inequality and Segregation by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/building-inclusive-cities-tackling-urban-inequality-and-segregation/