3.6.1 Readings, recap and discussions
Here are highly recommended readings:
- Stakeholder engagement is a key element of RRI.
- But you need to reflect: what are my objectives? Do I have the right resources? What is the internal commitment? Are there also risks? What methods and tools can I use?
- The next step is the identification of stakeholders. Is there a fair presentation of all stakeholders (reflect, for example, on the gender dimension). The subsequent step is mapping (consider interest and power/influence) of the stakeholders.
- It takes time to build trust, so start early with stakeholder engagement.
- The actual engagement process requires careful preparation and implementation, we included a number of tips.
- The action plan is also important for further reflection.
- Stakeholder engagement is a dynamic process, reflect on and update your action plan accordingly.
And check the toolkit: https://www.rri-prisma.eu/rri-tool/stakeholder-engagement/.
Please have a look again at the questions for pondering in section 3.1.
We look forward to your comments!
What do you see as main problems and opportunities regarding stakeholder-engagement?
Responsible Innovation: Building Tomorrow’s Responsible Firms by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/responsible-innovation-building-tomorrows-responsible-firms/.