As an engineer in a leadership position, you will be faced with new responsibilities and tasks. These may include developing a business (unit) strategy and a business plan and being involved in strategic planning. Your success in dealing with these new responsibilities will largely depend on your ability to have a helicopter view of a situation and to make sound decisions. In order to make decsions to move your organization forward, leaders will need to ensure that business goals are achievable and well-balanced while also taking into account the uncertainty of future developments. In a complex business environment, a sound strategy is the result of applying a strategic mindset and systematic approach to decision making.
This course will help you in building and applying an analytical toolkit, including:
- scenario analysis
- stakeholder analysis
- goal analysis
- multi-criteria decision analysis
The focus of the course will be on utilizing your analytical skills in a business context, allowing you to unravel complex decision situations to formulate a sound business strategy.
- How to analyze a business scenario and strategy using a systematic approach to successfully deal with complex decision situations
- How to use an analytical approach in business and analyze stakeholders, goals, and multi-criteria for a business strategy
- How to formulate a sound business strategy by applying a set of practical analytical techniques to support business planning and strategic decision making
- How to employ an analytical mindset through writing a managerial summary of a business situation analysis that helps your organization move in the desired direction
Effective Decision Making: Dealing with Business Complexity by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/effective-decision-making-dealing-with-business-complexity/.