Learn to design meaningful products and services in this introductory design course.
Do you want to learn how to design? Using the Delft Design Approach, you will learn how to use a number of key design methods to create meaningful products and services.
This course is an introduction to the Delft Design Approach offering a model and a set of signature methods from Delft to teach you how to get from understanding the user in context to defining a meaningful design challenge and – in the end – deliver a great design! The course challenges you to experience the design process yourself and reflect on your work with the help of students and excellent teaching staff from Delft, and industrial experts.
What you’ll learn:
- How to study users in their own environment;
- How to translate user insights into a design challenge that will spark creativity;
- How to create a meaningful design to meet your challenge;
- How to design and to structure your projects with the support of design thinking, a model and several methods;
- How to evaluate and present your design.
No previous knowledge of design methods is required, yet some experience with designing (something) is helpful.
This course is part of the Professional Certificate Program Product Design & Health.
Open MOOC Award
This course has been awarded with the 2015 Open Education Award for Excellence in the category ‘Open MOOC’ by the Open Education Consortium.
Introductie productontwerpen: van probleem tot prototype by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/delft-design-approach/