Do you have a passion for buildings and want to contribute to a sustainable environment? Then this is your chance to make a difference! The biggest sustainability challenge for cities worldwide is adapting existing obsolescent buildings and making them future-proof. In this course, you will learn about adapting buildings for sustainability.
This course first introduces you to the challenging management task of redeveloping buildings for future use. Then you will learn how different management tools can be used to convert old buildings for sustainable reuse.
Prior experience with studies or jobs related to the built environment is not essential for this course, but will be a great advantage.
This MOOC is especially relevant for students who are interested in Real Estate, Project Management, Urban Planning, Architecture, Construction, Engineering, and Sustainability.
The course is taught by a multi-disciplinary team of instructors and professors with relevant practical and theoretical experience. You can use the practical knowledge you obtain during this course to tackle many challenges related to the built environment.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand building adaptation management as a cyclical process;
- Identify various sustainability challenges that occur in building adaptations;
- Distinguish between multiple actor perspectives and interests related to building adaptation;
- Apply project management tools that assist in making decisions about building adaptation;
- Translate design concepts into practical solutions for sustainable building adaptation.
Managing Building Adaptation: A Sustainable Approach by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/managing-building-adaptation-a-sustainable-approach/.