Programming is becoming a more and more important skill to have. Childhood is a great time to start learning programming and to develop computational thinking, creativity, and problem- solving skills. In this course you will learn the basics of programming and how to teach it yourself as a primary or secondary school teacher.
This MOOC teaches programming in Scratch through fun videos which explain programming in an inspiring and clear way. These videos are accompanied by assignments which let kids practice programming and create programs they will like to use themselves!
Every week you build a different Scratch project yourself: a flappy bird game, a virtual pet or a Mondriaan like artwork. Also weekly, new programming blocks are taught and together we’re working on ways to improve your written code. In addition, you will learn how you can integrate the same programming lessons in your class for both primary and secondary education.
The content of this course is based on a course that was used in primary schools in The Netherlands with great success. The material follows the educational curriculum for programming in primary education of The Netherlands.
- Programming in Scratch
- Broad programming concepts (loops, variables, data structures)
- Didactics of programming in education and integrating this in your own classes
- Module 1. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
- Module 2. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
- Module 3. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
- Module 4. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
- Module 5. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
- Module 6. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
- Module 7. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
- Module 8. Scratch: Programming for Teachers
Scratch: Programming for Teachers by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/scratch-programming-for-teachers/.