Prof. dr. ir. Jan Kloosterman
Associate Professor of Nuclear Reactor Physics, Section Physics of Nuclear Reactors,Department of Radiation, Science & Technology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Netherlands Energy Research Foundation – Nuclear Energy, project leader and senior researcher in the field of nuclear waste transmutation
PhD in Nuclear Reactor Physics, Delft University of Technology
MSc in Applied Physics, Delft University of Technology.
- Generation-IV nuclear reactors
- Dynamics of Nuclear Reactors
- Nuclear Reactor Physics
- Thorium Fuel Cycle
- Nuclear Reactor Physics, Nuclear Reactor Physics Special Topics, Kinetics and Dynamics of Nuclear Reactors, Radiological Health Physics
- Various contributions to international courses
- Number of PhD Students supervised till 2008: 5
- W.F.G. van Rooijen, J.L. Kloosterman, T.H.J.J. van der Hagen, and H. van Dam, Definition of Breeding Gain for the Closed Fuel Cycle and Application to a Gas Cooled Fast Reactor, Nuclear Science and Engineering, 157:185-199, 2007.
- J.L. Kloosterman and Y. Rugama, Feynman-alpha Measurements on the Fast Critical Zero-Power Reactor MASURCA, Progress in Nuclear Energy, 46:111-125, 2005.
- J.L. Kloosterman, Application of boron and gadolinium burnable poison particles in UO2 and PuO2 fuels in HTRs, Annals of Nuclear Energy, 30:1807-1819, 2003.
- J.L. Kloosterman and E.E. Bende, Plutonium Recycling in PWRs: Influence of the Moderator-to-Fuel Ratio, Nuclear Technology, 130:227-241, 2000.
- E.E. Bende, A.H. Hogenbirk, J.L. Kloosterman and H. van Dam, Analytical Calculation of the Average Dancoff Factor for a Fuel Kernel in a Pebble Bed High-Temperature Reactor, Nuclear Science and Engineering, 133:147-162, 1999.
Chemical Engineering (Master) (1)