Prof. dr. Jeroen van den Hoven
Jeroen van den Hoven is professor of Moral Philosophy at Delft University of Technology (Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management). He was the founding Scientific Director of the Centre for Ethics and Technology of the 3 Technical Universities in the Netherlands. He is editor in Chief of Ethics and Information Technology and has published numerous articles on Ethics and (Information) Technology.
Van den Hoven has received several grants from the Dutch Research Council on Responsible innovation. He has been advisor to the Dutch Government and the EU in various roles and has worked together with IT industry.
Van den Hoven has chaired the European Commission’s Expert Group on Responsible Innovation, which prepared a document on the basis of which Responsible Innovation has been decided to be a defining aspect of the EU’s Horizon 2020 Program in R&D. He is also the Chair of the Dutch Research Council’s Research Program Responsible Innovation.
Ethics of Technology.
Value Sensitive Design.
- Hoven, MJ van den (2014). Responsible innovation: a new look at technology and ethics. In J van den Hoven, N Doorn, T Swierstra, BJ Koops & H Romijn (Eds.), Responsible innovation 1: innovative solutions for global issues (pp. 3-13). Dordrecht etc.: Springer.
- Hoven, MJ van den, Doorn, N, Swierstra, T, Koops, BJ & Romijn, H (Eds.). (2014). Responsible innovation 1: innovative solutions for global issues. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Hoven, MJ van den (Ed.). (2014). Ethics and Information Technology, 16(1-4).
- Hoven, MJ van den (2014, November 1). Applied ethics as value sensitive design. Sapporo, 9th International Conference on Applied Ethics: Security, Sustainability and Human Flourishing, Sapporo, Japan.
- Hoven, MJ van den (2014, November 2). Privacy and Big Data. Sapporo, 9th International Conference on Applied Ethics: Security, Sustainability and Human Flourishing, Sapporo, Japan.
Technische Bestuurskunde (Bachelor) (1)