Prof.dr. Yaroslav Mikhaylovich Blanter
Yaroslav Mikhaylovich Blanter (Russian: Ярослáв Михáйлович Блáнтер; born 19 November 1967) is a Russian physicist, an expert in the field of extractive metallurgy and condensed matter physics. As of 2011 he is the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek professor at the Delft University of Technology.
Till 1992 he took post-graduate courses at the same Institute. In 1992 he defended his thesis and received the Candidate of physico-mathematical sciences degree. The subject of the thesis concerns the development of the quantum effects in the kinetic properties of the electronic systems at the topological transition.
From 1990 to 1994 he taught statistical physics, the theory of normal and superconducting metals, classical and quantum mechanics. From 1989 to 1993 he also taught mathematics at the 43rd School of Moscow.
In 1995, supported by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, he obtained a position at the Institute of Condensed Matter Theory in Karlsruhe. From 1996 to 2000 he held a position at the University of Geneva. From 2000 to 2007 he was an associate professor at the Delft University of Technology. In 2007 he became a senior associate professor there. In 2002, he was one of three members of the organizing committee of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop “Quantum Noise in Mesoscopic Physics”, held in Delft, the Netherlands.
Yaroslav Blanter has published over 100 works in several scientific journals. His h-index is 22. The works that are most often referred to are listed below.
- Blanter Y. M., Buttiker M. (2000). “Shot noise in mesoscopic conductors” (PDF) 336. Physics Reports: 1–166. doi:10.1016/S0370-1573(99)00123-4.
- Blanter Y. M., Mirlin A. D., Muzykantskii B. A. (1997). “Fluctuations of conductance peak spacings in the Coulomb blockade regime: Role of electron-electron interaction” 78. Phys. Rev. Lett.: 2449. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.78.2449.
- Blanter Y. M. (1996). “Electron-electron scattering rate in disordered mesoscopic systems” 54. Phys. Rev. B: 12807. doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.54.12807.
- Sapmaz S., Blanter Y. M., Gurevich L., van der Zant H. S. J. (2003). “Carbon nanotubes as nanoelectromechanical systems” 67. Phys. Rev. B: 235414.doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.67.235414.
- Sapmaz S., Jarillo-Herrero P., Blanter Y. M., Dekker C., van der Zant H. S. J. (2006). “Tunneling in suspended carbon nanotubes assisted by longitudinal phonons” 96. Phys. Rev. Lett.: 026801. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.96.026801.
Applied Physics (Master) (1)