0.1.1 Welcome to the course: AI in Practice: Preparing for AI
Module 0: Getting started: AI in Practice: Preparing for AI
Welcome to AI in Practice: Preparing for AI! Artificial Intelligence (AI) will determine our future prosperity and well-being, and it will have an impact on all business sectors, our private lives and society. But do you have the knowledge and confidence to support the integration of AI into your organization?
The AI in Practice: Preparing for AI course is designed for people who want to apply AI in their own practical situation.
- For the experienced manager who wants to know what AI can do for their own organization.
- For the data analyst or business consultant who wants to understand how AI can be applied in the business processes of the company for which they work.
- For the student who wants to understand how the results of AI research can be translated into practical applications.
Learners that follow this course should have prior knowledge of business processes in their organizations, although technical knowledge or AI skills are not required. After taking this course learners should be able to:
- Describe the state-of-affairs in current AI research, in terms of context, problems, research approach, results;
- Identify the implications of current AI research on improvement strategies for industry, academia, and education.
The founder of this course is Hennie Huijgens, developer of ICAI labs and AI researcher at the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. This course does not have one single instructor; rather the lessons are presented by a large number of top researchers in the field of AI who work within so-called ICAI labs, Innovation Centres for Artificial Intelligence in which specialists from public and private organizations work closely with top researchers from Dutch universities. You can find more information about ICAI labs here. Short bio’s of all lecturers in this course are provided in the Meet your Teachers section.
AI in Practice: Preparing for AI by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/ai-in-practice-preparing-for-ai/ /