1.1.1 Welcome to module 1 of AI in Practice: Preparing for AI
Module 1: AI in Practice: Preparing for AI
Welcome to module 1 of AI in Practice: Preparing for AI. In this module the Police Lab AI – Amsterdam kicks off with a series of lessons on the topic of Multimodal Machine Learning and Image Analysis. The Police Lab AI is a collaboration between the Dutch National Police and the University of Amsterdam. The lesson series consists of the following components:
- Deep learning based methods for law enforcement, by Marcel Worring, professor at the University of Amsterdam;
- Why AI for the Netherlands National Police? by Ron Boelsma, innovation- and knowledge broker at the Dutch National Police;
- Fake Image Detection, by Sarah Ibrahimi, PhD candidate at the University of Amsterdam;
- Question answering and conversational AI, by Maartje ter Hoeve, PhD candidate at the University of Amsterdam.
And on top of that the Elsevier AI Lab, a collaboration between Elsevier en the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, brings you a series of lessons on the topic of AI for Scientific Discovery in Publishing:
- The Discovery Lab: AI in Science, by Frank van Harmelen, professor at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam;
- Elsevier’s Discovery Lab, by Rinke Hoekstra, lead architect in technology at Elsevier;
- Challenges for the Discovery Lab, by Michael Cochez, PhD candidate at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam;
- AI for Knowledge Graphs, by Daniel Daza, PhD candidate at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
AI in Practice: Preparing for AI by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/ai-in-practice-preparing-for-ai/ /