1.2.3 Spatial Justice. Want to know more?
In this section you can find additional material related to this video. There are suggestions for reading material, videos and websites that you can use in order to explore the subject and deepen your knowledge.
AVRITZER, L. 2010. Living under democracy: Participation in its impact on the living conditions of the poor. The Journal of the Latin American Studies Association, 45, 166-185.
BERG, A. G. & OSTRY, J. D. 2011. Inequality and Unsustainable growth: Two Sides of the Same Coin? IMF Discussion Note. In: IMF (ed.) IMF Discussion Note. Washington: IMF.
CRICK, B. 2002. Democracy: A Very Short Introduction, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
European Council of Spatial Planners 2015. European Charter on Participatory Democracy in Spatial Planning Processes. Brussels, European Council of Spatial Planners.
FOUCAULT, M. and C. Gordon 1980. Power/knowledge: selected interviews and other writings, 1972-1977. New York, Pantheon Books.
HARVEY, D. 2008. The Right to the City. New Left Review, Sept/ Oct, 23-40.
HARVEY, D. 2012. Rebel cities: from the right to the city to the urban revolution, New York, Verso.
HOLSTON, J. 2009. Insurgent citizenship: disjunctions of democracy and modernity in Brazil, Princeton, N.J. ; Woodstock, Princeton University Press.
IVESON, K. 2011. “Social or spatial justice? Marcuse and Soja on the right to the city.” City 15(2): 250-259.
LARSEN, G. L. 2012. An Inquiry into the Theoretical Basis of Sustainability. In: DILLARD, J., DUJON, V. & KING, M. C. (eds.) Understanding the Social Dimension of Sustainability. London: Routledge.
LEFEBVRE, H. 1968. Le Droit à la ville, Paris, Anthropos.
LEFEBVRE, H. and K. Goonewardena 2008. Space, difference, everyday life: reading Henri Lefebvre. New York, Routledge.
ROCCO, R. 2013. Emerging New Roles for Designers and Planners: Articulating Soft and Hard Infrastructures. Atlantis. Delft: Polis Platform for Urbanism/ TU Delft.
SEHESTED, K. 2009. Urban Planners as Network Managers and Metagovernors. Planning Theory and Practice, 10, 245-263.
SOJA, E. 2008. The city and spatial justice. Spatial Justice, Nanterre March 12-14.
SOJA, E. 2010. Seeking Spatial Justice. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press.
UN-HABITAT 2013. Urban Equity in Development: Cities for Life, Draft Concept paper. In: UN-HABITAT (ed.). Nairobi: UN-Habitat.
UN-HUMAN RIGHTS. 2014. Good Governance and Human Rights [Online]. Available: http://www.ohchr.org/en/Issues/Development/GoodGovernance/Pages/GoodGovernanceIndex.aspx [Accessed 10/04 2014].
WIGMANS, G. 2001. Contingent governance and the enabling city. City, 5, 203-223.
1. Workshop Spatial Justice David Harvey at the University of Westminster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGtfSBMJrY
2. Workshop Spatial Justice Doreen Massey at the University of Westminster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7vppCnTu88
3. What is Spatial Justice? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwlXUcn-MNs
4. Edward Soja on Spatial Justice at Mellon Lecture (2012) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo14EQNfJRI Published on Nov 4, 2015
5. Michael Merry: Alexander von Humboldt Lecture: ‘Disadvantage, choice and spatial justice’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUNU1I6-vVs
6. David Harvey: The Right to the City and Urban Resistance @ Fortaleza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjyLWMSZ2nY&t=785s
7. James Holston, Department of Anthropology at University of California, Berkeley, speaking at the symposium “Emergent cities: Conflicting claims and the politics of informality,” at Uppsala University, Sweden March 9, 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpHNN2Wsnds
Rethink the City: New Approaches to Global and Local Urban Challenges by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/rethink-city-new-approaches-global-local-urban-challenges/.