1.3.1 Recommended Readings for Working with Single Qubits
NC: M. A. Nielsen and I. L. Chuang, Quantum computation and quantum information, 10th anniversary ed. Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
The Born rule
- For a more advanced view on the Born rule see section 1.8 and 1.9 in N. D. Mermin, ‘Quantum Computer Science: An Introduction’
- For a historical background on the derivation of the Born rule see https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-born-rule-has-been-derived-from-simple-physical-principles-20190213/
- For a more advanced view on measurement operators see section 1.8 and 1.9 in N. D. Mermin, ‘Quantum Computer Science: An Introduction’ and section 2.2.3 of NC
The Bloch sphere
- NC page 174
- For a more visual information on the Bloch sphere see https://youtu.be/0BYWoxM1kVU
- NC pgs. 70-72, 609
- NC page 532, box 12.1
- For a very nice overview of no-cloning, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owPC60Ue0BE&ab_channel=minutephysics
Fundamentals of Quantum Information by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/fundamentals-of-quantum-information/ /