1. Responsible Innovation and Applied Ethics – Readings
The readings for this lecture set are:
- Options for Strengthening Responsible Research and Innovation
Report of the Expert Group on the State of Art in Europe on Responsible Research and Innovation; (EU,2013). We ask you to read Chapter 1 and Annex 1.
- Chapter 1 shows that there are many examples in which the outcomes of research has been contested in society, because societal impacts and ethical aspects have not adequately been taken into consideration in the development of innovation.
- Annex I presents an extended definition of RRI.
- Responsibility Ascriptions in Technology Development and Engineering: Three Perspectives
by Neelke Doorn.
This paper aims at exploring the different approaches to responsibility in order to see which one is most appropriate to apply to engineering projects and new technology development.
Responsible Innovation by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/responsible-innovation/.