7.5.1 Learn more
You were briefly introduced to extra methods which can make use of expert opinion in different settings. The topics have been researched in a number of publications, which are listed below.
- Cooke, R. (1991). Experts in uncertainty: opinion and subjective probability in science. Oxford University Press on Demand.
- Hanea, A. M., and G. F. Nane. “Calibrating experts’ probabilistic assessments for improved probabilistic predictions.” Safety Science 118 (2019): 763-771.
- Bhola, B., R. M. Cooke, H. G. Blaauw, and M. Kok. “Expert opinion in project management.” European journal of operational research 57, no. 1 (1992): 24-31.
- Werner, Christoph, Tim Bedford, Roger M. Cooke, Anca M. Hanea, and Oswaldo Morales-Napoles. “Expert judgement for dependence in probabilistic modelling: A systematic literature review and future research directions.” European Journal of Operational Research 258, no. 3 (2017): 801-819.
- Morales-Nápoles, O., Hanea, A. M., & Worm, D. T. H. (2013). Experimental results about the assessments of conditional rank correlations by experts: Example with air pollution estimates. In ESREL 2013: Proceedings of the 22nd European Safety and Reliability Conference” Safety, Reliability and Risk Analysis: Beyond the Horizon”, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 29 september-2 oktober 2013. CRC Press/Balkema-Taylor & Francis Group.
- Neslo, R., Micheli, F., Kappel, C. V., Selkoe, K. A., Halpern, B. S., & Cooke, R. M. (2008). Modeling stakeholder preferences with probabilistic inversion. In Real-Time and Deliberative Decision Making (pp. 265-284). Springer, Dordrecht.
- Neslo, R. E. J., & Cooke, R. M. (2011). Modeling and validating stakeholder preferences with probabilistic inversion. Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, 27(2), 115-130.
- Mazzuchi, T. A., Linzey, W. G., & Bruning, A. (2008). A paired comparison experiment for gathering expert judgment for an aircraft wiring risk assessment. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 93(5), 722-731.
- Zuomin, M. D. Y. W. W. (2005). Statistical validation and criterion for paired comparison data in sound quality evaluation [J]. Acta Acustica, 5.
Decision Making Under Uncertainty: Introduction to Structured Expert Judgment by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/decision-making-under-uncertainty-introduction-to-structured-expert-judgment//.