After a short overview of dredging as a whole, this course concentrates on principles of pipeline transport of slurries and on the design of a transportation system comprised of pipelines and slurry pumps.
To gain knowledge about the two-phase flow, pipeline transport and pumping of sand water mixtures.
- Basic principles of flow in pipe
- Soil water mixture and its phases
- Flow of soil-water mixture
- Modeling of stratified mixture flows
- Modeling of non-stratified mixture flows
- Special slurry flow conditions
- Pump and pipeline characteristics
- Operation limits of pump-pipeline system
- Production of solids in a pump-pipeline system
- Systems with pumps in series
- Literature on dredging processes
- Suggested Readings
Dredge Pumps and Slurry Transport by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/dredge-pumps-and-slurry-transport/