Electric cars are more than a novel means of mobility. They have been recognized as an essential building block of the energy transition. Fulfilling their promise will imply a significant change in the technical, digital and social dimensions of transport and energy infrastructure. If you are interested in learning about the state-of-the-art technology behind electric cars, then this is the course for you!
This course focuses on the technology behind electric cars. You will explore the working principle of electric vehicles, delve into the key roles played by motors and power electronics, learn about battery technology, EV charging, smart charging and about future trends in the development of electric cars.
The course includes video lectures, presentations and exercises, which are all illustrated with real-world case studies from projects that were implemented in the Netherlands.
This course was co-developed by Dutch Innovation Centre for Electric Road Transport (Dutch-INCERT) and TU Delft and is taught by experts from both the industry and academia, who share their knowledge and insights.
Join the course and be prepared for the upcoming developments amid the transition to electric vehicles!
- This course is part of the Professional Certificate Program Electric Cars.
- Operation principle of electric cars
- Motors and power electronics in an electric cars
- Battery technology
- Relevant charging infrastructure technologies and innovations, such as smart charging
- Future technology for EVs such as wireless charging and solar EVs