The course gives an overview of different types of electrical machines and drives. Different types of mechanica loads are discussed. Maxwell’s equations are applied to magnetic circuits including permanent magnets. DC machines, induction machines, synchronous machines, switched reluctance machines, brushless DC machines and single-phase machines are discussed with the power electronic converters used to drive them.
After following this course the students should have an overview over the different types of electrical machines and the way they are used in drive systems and they should be able to derive equations describing the steady-state performance of these machines
- 01. Introduction to Electrical machines and drives
- 02. Maxwell’s equations and Magnetic circuits
- 03. Principles of electromechanics
- 04. DC Machines and Drives
- 05. DC Machines continued
- 06. DC Machine drivers and Induction machines
- 07. Induction machines 1
- 08. Induction machines 2
- 09. Synchronous Machines
- 10. Permanent magnet AC machines
- 11. Stepper, Single phase and Universal motors, and Switched reluctance machines
Electrical machines and drives by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/electrical-machines-and-drives/.