This course will introduce you to entrepreneurship for global challenges in emerging markets. You will get to know other like-minded entrepreneurs around you, and discover how institutions in your target region are working on innovation and entrepreneurship.
As an entrepreneur in an emerging market, you may be faced with many challenges that need to be solved. These might include scarcity of fossil fuels, climate change or water, food and health security. This Delft University of Technology course will provide you with examples from partner universities and affiliated entrepreneurs in emerging markets which explain the opportunities and obstacles that they faced as they established themselves and created value.
You will acquire a set of practical tools which will enable you to discover the opportunities in your own environment and how these can be used to make an actual change! You will learn how to rethink your value proposition with your own case study, or with one we provide.
After the course, you will be able to develop your value proposition more quickly by getting to know your customers and partners better and understand local values and institutions.
- Apply the Value Proposition Canvas to an identified ‘local’ challenge.
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs’ successes and failures.
- Think strategically about interactions with business partners, customers and government authorities.
- Think strategically about the internal management style and business culture of your organization.
- Understand opportunities for and barriers to socially responsible entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
- Understand that there are multiple ways of setting up a revenue model for a business idea.
- Identify global challenges in emerging markets.
- Module 1. Introduction to Global Challenges
- Module 2. Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Module 3. Co-Creation
- 4. Communications and positioning
- Module 4. Dealing with Business Partners, Customers, Government Authorities
- Module 5. Management styles and Effective Business
- Module 6. Revenue Models and Local Impact
Entrepreneurship for Global Challenges in Emerging Markets I by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/entrepreneurship-global-challenges-emerging-markets/