The CubeSat Workshop can only be attended when participating in the course via the Online Learning site. In this workshop groups are made to make a preliminary design of a CubeSat providing real time thermal imaging. The workshop has the following learning objectives and activities:
By the end of this activity, you will be able to:
- Perform the preliminary design of a CubeSat based on its key requirements.
- Identify the technology state-of-the-art, the available subsystem options at component level and their physical and technical limitations.
- Characterize the key performance parameters of different Cubesat subsystems.
Can CubeSats provide real time thermal imaging over highly industrial areas on Earth ?
- Collaborate in a group to synthesize the conceptual CubeSat design
- Develop budgets, system architecture and perform subsystem and component trade-offs
- Write a concise report
- Present the conceptual design with the aim to get good feedback and learn from the other groups
- Critically reflect on the conceptual design