Traffic Flow Theory and Simulation
This course discusses fundamental traffic flow characteristics and traffic flow variables. Their definitions are presented, and visualization/analysis techniques are discussed and empirical facts are presented. The empirical relation between the flow variables and the bottleneck capacity analysis are discussed. Shockwave analysis and a review of macroscopic traffic flow models are presented. Traffic flow stability issues are discussed as well as numerical solution approaches.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Arrival patterns and cumulative curves
- 3. Fundamental diagram
- 4. Shockwave theory
- 5. Moving bottleneck and queuing
- 6. Traffic analysis: Characteristics
- 7. Introduction to phenomena
- 8. Influence of trucks, lagrangian coordinates and MFD
- 9. Car-following
- 10. Lateral driving behaviour
- 11. Pedestrian flow theory
- 12. Evaluation, simulation and guidelines
Traffic Flow Theory and Simulation by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/traffic-flow-theory-simulation/.