The grade for AE4509 is determined by handing in assignments. There are four different problem sets, released every two weeks, followed by a final assignment that is worth 50% of the total course grade. The combined weighed average of these five assignments will determine your grade four this course.
The methods of solving these problems are covered in the lectures, and explained in more detail in the book. To be able to solve the assignments you require the following:
- Basic structural mechanics and strength analysis
- Composites (classical laminated-plate theory)
- Maths: basic calculus, ODE’s, infinite series
- Structural design & optimization
- Access to software that calculates ABD matrices and automates calculations
Advanced Design and Optimization of Composite Structures I by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/advanced-design-optimization-composite-structures/.