02. Maxwell’s equations and Magnetic circuits
In this lecture the following subjects are treated:
- An introduction of Maxwell’s equations (for quasi-static fields)
- Ampere’s law used to calculate flux densities(1.1), around a wire in air, In magnetic circuit, In a magnetic circuit with an gap
- Second of Maxwell’s equations used to calculate voltages (1.1)
- Soft magnetic materials: hysteresis and eddy currents (1.2)
- Hard magnetic materials: permanent magnets (1.4)
Electrical machines and drives by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/electrical-machines-and-drives/.