3.0.1 Welcome to module 3 Emissions reduction: potentials and costs
3. Emissions reduction: potentials and costs
Last module you learned about energy use and units, as well energy accounting. This module will be covering potentials and costs of climate change mitigation. In the next six videos, you will gain an understanding of how we can calculate different types of costs, assess benefits and mitigation potentials of emission reduction strategies. The skills you will learn in this module’s contents will help you understand how to quantify financial costs and benefits, construct marginal abatement curves, as well as how various factors can affect decision making in energy policy.
The content is split into six parts:
- Emission reduction: potentials and costs
- Costs and revenues of emission reduction
- Specific Mitigation Costs
- The value of CO2 mitigation
- Marginal abatement cost curves
- Beyond costs and revenues
After following this modules material, you should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand and calculate different types of emission mitigation potentials
- Understand and calculate different types of costs associated with emission reducing strategies
- Gain insight into cost perspectives and calculation of financial benefits associated with emission reducing strategies
- Gain insight into the current carbon tax systems around the world
- Read and construct marginal abatement cost curves
- Gain insight into decision making factors in energy policy
We hope you enjoy the content.
Designing a Climate-Neutral World: An Introduction by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/designing-a-climate-neutral-world-an-introduction//