Book Electrical Power Drives
The course Electrical Power Drives uses the following book:
- Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems, T. Wildi, Prentice Hall, 2005 (sixth edition) ISBN:0131776916.
This comprehensive and coherent coverage of electrical machines, drives, and power systems serves as an on-the-job reference guide for electrical engineers. It explores revolutionary converter technology affecting every sector of industrial and commercial activity—modifying electric elevators, locomotives, and transit vehicles; servomechanisms; heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems; fans; compressors; and innumerable industrial production lines. Chapter topics include generators, motors, efficiency and heating of electrical machines, three-phase circuits, transformers, transmission and distribution, and the cost of electricity. For electrical engineers sseking up-to-date information on the latest innovations in their field. in summary, this book employs a theoretical, practical, multidisciplinary approach to give a broad understanding of electric power technology. Clearly, it is no longer the staid subject it was considered to be some years ago. There is good reason to belive that this dynamic, expanding field will open career opportunities for many people.
- Fundamentals of electricity, Magnetisn and Circuits
- Fundamentals of Mechanics and Heat
- Direct-current Generators
- Direct-current Motors
- Efficiency and Heating of Electrical Machines
- Active, Reactive and Apparent Power
- Three-Phase Circuits
- The Ideal Transformer
- Practical Transformers
- Special Transformers
- Three-Phase Transformers
- Three-Phase Induction motors
- Selection and Application of Three-phase Induction Motors
- Equivalent Circuit of the Induction motor
- Synchronous Generators
- Synchronous Motors
- Single-Phase Motors
- Stepper Motors
- Basics of Industrial Motor Control
- Fundamental Elements of Power Electronics
- Electronic Control of Direct-Current motors
- Electronic control of Alternating Current Motors
- Generation of electrical Energy
- Transmission of Electrical Energy
- Distribution of Electrical Energy
- The Cost of Electricity.
- Direct-Current Transmission
- Transmission and Distribution Solid state Contrillers
- Programmable Logic Controllers
Electrical Power Drives by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/electrical-power-drives/.