The course focuses on 3 main dredging processes: the cutting of sand, clay and rock; the sedimentation process in hopper dredges; the breaching process.
- Understand and reproduce the Mohr circle;
- Understand and reproduce the theory of passive and active soil failure;
- Understanding the soil mechanical parameters important for cutting processes;
- Understanding and make calculations regarding the 2-D cutting theory in water-saturated sand;
- Understanding and make calculations regarding the 2-D theory in clay;
- Understanding and reproduce the settling of grains in water;
- Understanding and reproduce the loading cycle of a hopper dredge; Being able to determine the loading cycle of a hopper dredge, base on the modified Camp model by Miedema and Vlasblom;
- Understanding and reproduce the basic cutting theory of rock cutting;
- Understanding and reproduce the breaching process..
Dredging Processes by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/dredging-processes/