MAIN AIMS OF THE MODULE: To achieve an understanding and practical experience of key principles, methods and theories in the area of educational software.
MAIN TOPICS OF STUDY: The main topics of study considered in light of the above learning outcomes are:
• Educational Principles
• Design of educational software such as electronic instruction manuals, serious gaming, VR training, drills, and tutor agents and tutorials
• Educational software for specific learners such as children, elderly, mentally or physically challenged individuals
• Evaluation of education software
The course offered here in OpenCourseWare is no longer a part of the Master Media and Knowledge Engineering programme for our regular students.
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR THE MODULE: The module provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, qualities, skills and other attributes in the following areas:
1. Obtain understand of major learning principles, theories, and approaches
2. Identify key factors of successful educational software design and deployment
3. Apply theories, principles, and approached into an appropriate design of educational software system
4. Establish an appreciation of state-of-art developments in the area of educational software design.
- Educational principles
- Computer Assisted Personalised of Instruction
- Development of Educational Software
- Knowledge management and web lectures
- Pedagogical Agents and Affective Computing
- ePartner for Self-Management
- Introduction Serious Games
- Simulations as Learning & Teaching Tools
- Student presentations of this year 
- Two student products of the year 2008
- Introduction to the course Educational Software
Educational Software by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/educational-software/.