3.5.1 Marginal abatement cost curves
3. Emissions reduction: potentials and costs
This video is all about marginal abatement cost curves (MACC). This is an important tool for summarizing the various options for mitigation. We will go over some examples of MACCs, how to read them and explain the stages of its construction.
- Mitigation potentials and costs can be visualized by constructing a marginal abatement cost curve (MACC).
- This can be applied on a specific micro-level (for example, a house) or on a macro-level (national, industry, etc.)
- Costs can vary in different regions, thus MAC curves can vary as well.
- Mitigation options can influence each other.
- Potentials and costs can vary with time.
Designing a Climate-Neutral World: An Introduction by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/designing-a-climate-neutral-world-an-introduction//