3.6.1 Beyond costs and revenues
3. Emissions reduction: potentials and costs
To finish off module 3, we will summarize some other important considerations in evaluating mitigation options besides the associated costs and revenue metrics which we have so far explored.
- Decision making in mitigation projects is influenced by many factors besides financial factors.
- Decisions about emissions are affected by numerous stakeholders, including citizens and companies.
- Certain mitigation options face more hassle with implementation and legislation than others.
- While cost-benefit analysis is a very important tool in decision making, other evaluation tools and methods should not be overlooked.
Designing a Climate-Neutral World: An Introduction by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/designing-a-climate-neutral-world-an-introduction//