2. New perspective for N removal
3. Sieving the wastewater
4. Membrane BioReactors
5. Advanced wastewater treatment
6. Aerobic granular sludge
7. Interaction between wastewater collection and treatment
8. Anaerobic treatment: introduction + UASB design base
9. Anaerobic treatment fundamentals: Microbs
10. Anaerobic reactor technologies
11. Anaerobic fundamentals COD balance
12. Anaerobic sewage treatment
13. (Re)source oriented sanitation
14. Agriculture use of treated effluents
15. WWTP 2030
16. The Resource Factory
The main reading material for this course are the lecture notes. Besides that Metcalf & Eddy is used as background material and bookchapter on anaerobic treatment is included.
Three books are used at the course of Wastewater Treatment. The first one, Wastewater Engineering, Treatment and Reuse, is the most important one. The other books support the lecture slides.
Wastewater Engineering, Treatment and Reuse
4th Edition (Metcalf and Eddy), G. Tchobanoglous, Franklin L. Burton, H. David Stensel, ISBN 0071122508 (paperback), 0070418780 (hard cover)
Biological Wastewater Treatment, Principles, Modelling and Design
M. Henze, M.C.M. van Loosdrecht, G.A. Ekama, D. Brdjanovic (eds.), ISBN: 9781843391883, IWA Publishing, London, UK
Biological Wastewater Treatment in Warm Climate Countries
M. von Sperling and C.A. de Lemos Chernicharo, 1843390027, IWA Publishing, London, UK
Table of Contents:
Introduction to water quality and to wastewater treatment,
basic principles of wastewater treatment,
natural treatment systems,
sludge treatment and disposal
Wastewater Treatment by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/wastewater-treatment/.