In this subject, the lecturer will discuss the subjects of validating and reliability. The lecturer starts the lecture with a short history lesson on research. From that history follows that a big part of research is its validity. He then explains the four types of validity: Conlusion Validity, Internal Validity, Construct Validity and External Validity. Besides that the lecturer discusses the different types of reliability and the difference between reliability and validity. The lecturer then explains how the industry validates and what tools they use. At last he discusses how the students can implement validation into their thesis most easily.
- Identify different types of validation.
- Know what errors are present in data.
- Use logic as a validation method.
- Recognise the importance of validating work.
- Understand the place of validation in the master thesis project.