This page contains a short introduction and the lecture slides of each week.
The main goals of the course are:
- Describe the importance of VLSI testing and reliability, its impact on the total cost and the quality of the designed product.
- Point out the strong correlation between VLSI Design and Test
- Describe the silicon/ transistor/ interconnect defect mechanisms and the way they behave at the electrical/functional level and how they are tested using fault models and test algorithms
- Define the different test methodologies for logic and sequential circuits, their advantages, disadvantages, cost, limitations, etc.
- Define the different “Design-for-Testability DFT” methodologies, their advantages, disadvantages, cost and limitations
- State the trends and challenges in VLSI Testing and Reliability
- Be able to develop test algorithms and DFT techniques for digital circuits
- Be able to better understand the “weaknesses” of digital systems and do research on VLSI Test Technology
- Become a better VLSI designer, a better test engineer/ product engineer
VLSI Test Technology & Reliabillity by TU Delft OpenCourseWare is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://ocw.tudelft.nl/courses/vlsi-test-technology-reliabillity/.