This module’s course material will show you the increasing complexity of infrastructure systems, caused by expansion and interconnection of infrastructure system ( across national borders and across the borders between infrastructure sectors) and the need for standards. But we also show another development: inverse infrastructures ( bottom-up, user-driven, self-organizing networks).
This is our content for this module:
- Infrastructure as ‘systems of systems’ ( interconnectedness, need for standards)
- Convergence and divergence of infrastructures
- Evolution of infrastructures: what are the implications?
- Inverse infrastructures (bottom-up/small scale)
- Connecting the dots: telecom sector and development of standards
2.2 System of systems
2.3 Convergence and divergence
2.4 Evolution of infrastructures
2.5 Inverse infrastructures
2.6 Connecting the dots: Telecom sector